Sunday 14 November 2010

UsTwo's Grallery app makes my mobile into a work of art

I can't tell you how impressed and excited I am to discover an app called Grallery, by creative app pioneers usTwo. They've turned my HTC Desire into a work of art.

  
How Grallery works
Grallery is a satellite app for usTwo's wallpaper creation tool for iPad, Granimator.  Artists create wallpapers on the iPad app and Grallery becomes a distribution tool for their work.  Grallery has a really simple, but beautiful and addictive, tile interface for browsing the available wallpapers. I'd also like to mention the fantastic interaction sounds that the app makes use of, a satisfying click whenever you select an image. After about 10 minutes of deliberation, I finally selected a wallpaper for my phone and I know I'll be updating it constantly.

Collaborative media potential
I think that the collaborative relationship that usTwo have created between two apps is a hint towards the future of digital creation and distribution. Developers should think more about apps that have a symbiotic relationship with each other. Granimator is the app for professionals, while Grallery brings it to the masses. I'd love to see this kind tool developed for authors and filmmakers.

No comments: